Put your knowledge to the test: name that rig part! (part 2)

drill pipe slips

Know what this rig part is? Sound off in the comments below!

For more fun with rig knowledge, check out our #RigSpeak101 series.

2 Responses

  1. cotters/lids. I’m not sure I’ve choosen right word, because I’m russian. But those things hold drilling pipe/column during connection or other operations. Exactly those are for drilling pipes, but there are same but bigger size for casing pipes.

    Igor Plyuta
    well site geologist

Leave a Reply to Harry Plyuta Cancel reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s