This is the final post in our three part safety ideas series.
Safe working tips and tricks should not be kept a secret, company to company, team to team or rig to rig. By sharing safety stories and past experiences, we can learn from our mistakes and work towards an injury-free workplace together. In our commitment to spreading safety tips throughout the industry, here are a few more of our safety leader’s top tips for you and your teams to share:
1. Commit to good housekeeping practices throughout every hitch
2. If your crew believes in your safety culture they’ll want to do it right, every time
3. Practice makes perfect – frequent fire and emergency response drills help prepare crews for emergency situations
4. Don’t stop at the manual, safety is hands-on
5. If something is out of place, don’t just walk by it – be proactive
6. Clear communication is essential in a safe workplace
If your team has safety sayings, acronyms or tips that are tried, tested and true, we’d love to hear them! In the meantime, go ahead and share these safety tips on social with your teammates, friends and loved ones by clicking the Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn icons below.
Missed the first two safety ideas blog posts? Take a look at them here: