If you live in the Canadian provinces of Alberta, Manitoba or Saskatchewan, chances are you’ve heard of STARS.
“We bring the emergency room right to the patient at times when seconds can be the difference between a positive and negative outcome,” said David Fairbanks, communications coordinator with the STARS Foundation.
STARS saves lives. That is why we support the non-profit organization’s work every year.
The impact of STARS in numbers:
- More than 26,000: The number of missions STARS has flown since 1985.
- 2,686: The number of missions STARS flew in 2013.
- 24: The hours a day STARS helicopters are available.
- 10: The number of helicopters in its fleet.
- 6: The number of bases it operates in Western Canada.