When you look at these shots taken by members of Trinidad’s Canadian drilling team, it’s easy to understand why roughnecks love to work outdoors.
Here are eight of our favourite photos sent in by Trinidad rig hands (who should also moonlight as photographers). Tell us your pick for the best photo by voting at the bottom of this page.
8 photos from the field
1. The sun on the horizon near Rig 57.
2. A cotton-candy sky over Rig 56.
3. Black and white beauty: Rig 57
4. The sun aligns with the derrick of Rig 56.
5. Alberta’s wintry sky behind Rig 39.
6. Somewhere over the rainbow. Photo from Rig 7.
7. Rig 39 illuminated at dusk.
8. A roughneck’s backyard: A peaceful moment on Rig 7.
Most roughnecks are proud of the iron they work on. We’re no exception. Our rigs are some of the best in the industry – more than 85 per cent of our fleet is made up of modern, high-performance rigs.
Here’s a peek at some of our favourite shots of rigs in the field and new iron being built in the yard.
Drilling in the field
Take a look at some of our land and barge rigs operating around the world.